Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pajama Party Friday

It's finally our DOJO reward party!!
Pajama Day is here!!
Rayyan was one of the first students to get to work bright and early Friday morning.
Sometimes it's hard to settle in when there is excitement in the air and special activities….
but not for Team Tipton!!
They all were super serious students before the fun movie began.

Elfie was ready for Pajama Day wearing his very own hand-made pjs!
He is watching over our class.
As a matter of fact, our DOJOs have been set to zero after the party and Elfie has
already informed Ms. Tipton who should start off with DOJOs tomorrow morning.  I am not certain how many
each student as earned…so take a quick peek!!

Nadeer and Max spent pajama day together.  It was a great day for both of them!!
I wonder who will have Max tomorrow????

The students are all cozy on the floor and ready for Charlotte's Web!
                                       Thanks again to Ethan for loaning his movie to us!!

We all enjoyed the movie.
If your student told you I cried…it's true!!
I am an animal lover and was so worried about Wilbur in the
beginning and sad about Charlotte in the end!


There was an extra incentive for the students to earn DOJOs.
I told them the top five people would get a bonus!
Maya, Sydney, Jake, Ethan, and Mimi had the MOST DOJOs of the entire class.
They earned a Hershey Kiss candy AND something very special.
I told the students they were already important to me, just like my own 19 year old daughter.
I found holiday books that she had gotten in first grade.  Each of the top five DOJO students got
to select one of her books to take home.
All of your children are VERY special to me.
Thank you for sharing them!!

*************
NEWS FLASH!!!
************

There is NO homework or spelling this week.
Children are to practice their parts for the play.
Pencil in 10:15 a.m.  on the 17th for our performance.
We will send invites this week as we see how how practices are going.Ms. Tipton hopes to attend the performance and has a special
treat for the children. 


***********
May I ask for Help?
************
Whenever I need to know class procedures I always say "I need help.  I need help"
The boys and girls graciously explain class procedures to me.

We have lots  going on the next 7 days.
Another teacher suggested I have sign ups for what I need on there blog as I did not know how
to utilize the VOLUNTEER website.  I hope this goes okay.  So PLEASE sign up if you can.

We will be reading the GRINCH this week and doing activities related to the story.
On Friday, Dec. 13, we will have our "Grinch" movie and class party.

For the movie which will be shown in the morning, I will be serving hot chocolate.  Ms. Tipton got the hot chocolate for us.
May I ask for donations for:

coffee type cups with lids___________________

marshmallows ____________________________

stirrers__________________________________?

In the afternoon, we will have our class party.
May I ask donations for:

fruit___________________________

fruit____________________________

bag of pretzels_____________________


bag of pretzels_______________________

bag of tortilla chips____________________

bag of tortilla chips_____________________

salsa____________________________

salsa____________________________

other????__________________________


REMINDER that their  "Nutcracker" performance is Monday the 16th.

Candyland dance is being rescheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment